2.84 km Hurra, wir sind Welterbe!

Hurra, wir sind Welterbe!

Mit einer beeindruckenden Veranstaltung wurde am 7. Juli 2019 in Olbernhau-Grünthal der 25. Jahrestag der Wiedergründung der Saigerhüttenknappschaft Olbernhau-Grünthal begangen. Durch die Ernennung der Montanregion Erzgebirge/Krušnohoří zum UNESCO-Welterbe am Samstag, den 6. Juli 2019 in der
3.07 km Lichthaus

Power House (Lichthaus) at the Saigerhütte

The Lichthaus or Alte Zentrale was built as the power station for electricity generation in 1894. The building is slightly outside the smelting works premises, between the two ponds. When a new electricity generation plant was commissioned on the grounds of the Saigerhütte in 1905/06, the Alte
2.76 km Kutscherhaus

Coachman’s house (Kutscherhaus) at the Saigerhütte

The coachman’s house was built in 1907 for the agricultural operations of F.A. Lange. It has now been converted to a private dwelling. Opposite is the former coach-house, which has now also been converted.
2.81 km Aufschlagwassergräben

Water channels

The Saigerhütte essentially depended on two sources for its water supply, namely the Flöha and the Natzschung rivers. Due to the lay of the land and the plentiful rainfall, there was sufficient water to power the machinery at the Saigerhütte. Water was extracted from the Natzschung at various small
2.97 km Unterer Hüttenteich (Faktoreiteich)

Lower Pond (Unterer Hüttenteich) at the Saigerhütte

The Lower Pond, also known as the Faktoreiteich, is the largest of the three ponds on the site. It is nearly 150 metres wide and around 100 metres long. There is an artificial island roughly in the middle. In periods of drought, the water stored in the smelting works ponds was used to power the
2.74 km Ehemalige Scheune in der Saigerhütte - heute Spiel- und Erlebniswelt "Stockhausen"

Former barn in the Saigerhütte

The area selected by Hans Leonhardt for the construction of the Saigerhütte was part of the Lauterstein estate. On 24th June 1537, a contract of sale was signed for “einen Raum obendig Olbernhau an Iltgen Grundigs rein anhabende bis an die Bemische grenntz” (an area extending from Olbernhau to the
2.77 km Ehemaliger Stall in der Saigerhütte

Former stable in the Saigerhütte

The area selected by Hans Leonhardt for the construction of the Saigerhütte was part of the Lauterstein estate. On 24th June 1537, a contract of sale was signed for “einen Raum obendig Olbernhau an Iltgen Grundigs rein anhabende bis an die Bemische grenntz” (an area extending from Olbernhau to the
2.83 km 1930 - Blick von der Kirche Oberneuschönberg zum Kupferhammer Grünthal

Kleine Sonderausstellung im Kupferwarenlager

Unser Museum ist bis 20. Dezember 2020 geschlossen! Lageplan der Firma Lange vom 21.04.1928 Vom 17. Oktober bis zum 30.Dezember 2020 ist in der ständigen Ausstellung im Kupferwarenlager (In der Hütte 10) die kleine Sonderausstellung „Historischer Lageplan der Sächsischen Kupfer- und Messingwerke F.